Variable Images

fin33c

We have about 77,000 images we insert into graphic frame using the insert picture rule with a search path for the images. It works fine with newer acrobat and fusion pro software, but we are trying to get an older computer with fusion pro 5.0 and acrobat 6.0 to do the same, but are having issues. We are using the same rule, but the images are not showing up.

Any ideas would help.Thanks

• 1 year later...

I currently have FusionPro 8.0.13. Is it possible to put in a relative search path? In older versions like 7, this would work but now when I put one in (I go to compose/Advanced/Search Path), FusionPro replaces it with an absolute path.

I'm working on a "production" server then copying the collect to the web server. I have an image folder within the template folder, so I'd really like the relative path to work.

Thanks

I currently have FusionPro 8.0.13. Is it possible to put in a relative search path? In older versions like 7, this would work but now when I put one in (I go to compose/Advanced/Search Path), FusionPro replaces it with an absolute path.

I'm working on a "production" server then copying the collect to the web server. I have an image folder within the template folder, so I'd really like the relative path to work.

Thanks

I think that the path being changed to absolute may be a bug in version 8, in the Composition Settings dialog. Regardless of the GUI, though, the functionality at composition time is unchanged. In a Server (FusionPro VDP Producer API) composition, it uses the "SearchPath" setting in the CFG file. So as long as the setting in the CFG file is relative, it should work the same way as in previous versions.

• 2 months later...

I just upgraded to FusionPro 8.2.7

The search path in compose keeps changing from relative to absolute. When I do a collect I have to remember to open the confg & change the path back to relative.

This is kind of a serious issue. There are 2 servers: One where we make templates & work on them the other server is the one the web sites use. After making & collecting a template, it is copied to the web server. It was easier when the relative path for images worked. It went like this: SearchPath=./TemplateLinks