Multiple page .pdf, resources & blank graphic box

rpaterick

I have 3 .pdf resources, each one has 2 pages.

I'd like to make a FusionPro template that you could just do a "switch" rule for the graphics and then make placeholders for the page 1 .pdf and page 2 .pdf resources. FusionPro looks at the resources and assigns page 1 to the first page and page 2 to the second. Similar to text overflow but as a "next page" graphic overflow.

What I'm trying to avoid is taking the customer .pdf and EXTRACTING the pages out and re-saving them as _front.pdf and _back.pdf.

Kinda hard to explain, let me know if you need clarification on something?

Thanks

It sounds a lot like this example to me:

http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?t=37

Although, if you know each PDF is exactly two pages, then instead of using inline graphics and overflow pages, you could just use two graphic frames. Then you could have two graphic rules like this, one for each graphic frame, both of which reference a third rule which returns a graphic resource:

var r = Rule("MyGraphicRule");
r.pagenumber = 2; // or 1 here
return r;

Note that the referenced rule doesn't even have to be a JavaScript rule; it could be a Switch Wizard or Drag-and-Drop rule instead.

Or, you could populate both frames in OnRecordStart, either by naming your frames and doing something like this:

for (var i = 1; i <= 2; i++)
{
   r.pagenumber = i;
   FindGraphicFrame("Graphic Page " + i).SetGraphic(r)
}

Or by manually setting the variable name for each frame and doing something like this:

for (var i = 1; i <= 2; i++)
{
   r.pagenumber = i;
   FusionPro.Composition.AddGraphicVariable("Graphic Page " + i, r.content);
}

Archived