repeatable template

hark

I have a series of jobs coming up where the datafields and setup for the VDP will remain the same. only the PDF art and the lists will be different. (kind of like versioning, but don't want to do that *yet*)

I just want to know how I can either copy or make a template of the FP setup (I have three variable areas on the document) so that I don't have to set them up each time. Need to keep the same positioning and everything but I don't see a way to 'save' something like this.

TIA!

Hark

p.s. first post. new to this forum, but been using FP for a couple years as our VDP solution. wanting to learn more :)

I have a series of jobs coming up where the datafields and setup for the VDP will remain the same. only the PDF art and the lists will be different. (kind of like versioning, but don't want to do that *yet*)

I just want to know how I can either copy or make a template of the FP setup (I have three variable areas on the document) so that I don't have to set them up each time. Need to keep the same positioning and everything but I don't see a way to 'save' something like this.

I would start out with a blank PDF page and place a variable graphic frame over the entire page, underneath the other variable frames. Then you can bring in whatever PDF art you want as a graphic in that frame.

Archived