What is this <DataField> tag you speak of?

esmith

I was reviewing the .msg file of a recent composition and the very first line in the log reads:
Unknown attribute <"Type> of tag <DataField> ignored.
I have no idea where that is coming from or what it means? Is it something I can "fix" or is it something I can safely ignore?

• 1 year later...

Dan,

I am getting this same error.

I took an old template and made the needed changes. When collecting the data there is a notice that pops up. It reads:

Unknown attribute. <jdf_binary>of tag <fileioinfo> ignored.

I still get the message that the collection completed, but it is not compatible with the template set-up. When I preview this template, it states:

No Image Preview Available. Please try again. <!-- The .HSK handshake file content is marked with an error -->

You mentioned issues involving the Data Definition (.def) file because the job was made in a newer version of FP with an older version of FP Server or Direct. Is this the case?

Is there a workaround to get old templates to work using the newest version of FP?

Thank you,

Andy

I took an old template and made the needed changes.

What changes exactly? For what purpose are these changes needed?

When collecting the data there is a notice that pops up. It reads:

What do you mean, "when collecting the data?" That could mean several things, in different contexts. Please be much more specific about exactly what you're doing.

Specifying the exact versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system would be helpful as well.

I still get the message that the collection completed, but it is not compatible with the template set-up. When I preview this template, it states:

No Image Preview Available. Please try again. <!-- The .HSK handshake file content is marked with an error -->

This sounds like a MarcomCentral issue. Is that what you mean by "template set-up?" If it is a MarcomCentral-specific issue, please post your question to the MarcomCentral forum.

You mentioned issues involving the Data Definition (.def) file because the job was made in a newer version of FP with an older version of FP Server or Direct. Is this the case?

Maybe. As much as I love a good guessing game, this question would be a lot easier to answer if you told me what exactly versions of FusionPro Creator/Desktop and FP VDP Producer/Server/Direct you're talking about.

Is there a workaround to get old templates to work using the newest version of FP?

Older templates should always compose with newer versions of the FusionPro composition engine. However, newer templates cannot be composed with older versions of FusionPro.

Originally Posted by andym

I took an old template and made the needed changes.

What changes exactly? For what purpose are these changes needed?[/Quote]

Two changes, at customer request: I added static text to the second page so the business card has a back. I also changed a rule for formatting a phone number.

When collecting the data there is a notice that pops up. It reads:

What do you mean, "when collecting the data?" That could mean several things, in different contexts. Please be much more specific about exactly what you're doing.[/Quote]

In the Steps Pallete of Fusion Pro, the 7th step is called "Collect For Output." When I said "collecting the data" I meant step 7. I am using:

Acrobat 10.1.5.33

FusionPro VDP Creator 9.0.3

on Windows 7 Professional

The File I am trying to update was created with Fusion Pro Version 7.2P1D

This sounds like a MarcomCentral issue. Is that what you mean by "template set-up?" If it is a MarcomCentral-specific issue, please post your question to the MarcomCentral forum.[/Quote]

I do not know if this is a SPECIFIC MarcomCentral issue. Yes, this particular error is from MarcomCentral, but I don't know if it is being caused by a Fusion Pro error. My hope is to rule out the 'Unknown attribute. <jdf_binary>of tag <fileioinfo> ignored' error so I can be certain I am getting to the problem. I shared the MarcomCentral Error in the event it helped solve this problem.

Maybe. As much as I love a good guessing game, this question would be a lot easier to answer if you told me what exactly versions of FusionPro Creator/Desktop and FP VDP Producer/Server/Direct you're talking about.[/Quote]

I will try to avoid this confusion in future posts.

Older templates should always compose with newer versions of the FusionPro composition engine. However, newer templates cannot be composed with older versions of FusionPro.[/Quote]

I appreciate your help.

In the Steps Pallete of Fusion Pro, the 7th step is called "Collect For Output." When I said "collecting the data" I meant step 7. I am using:

Acrobat 10.1.5.33

FusionPro VDP Creator 9.0.3

on Windows 7 Professional

The File I am trying to update was created with Fusion Pro Version 7.2P1D

Thanks for the info. There was a change between FusionPro 7.2P1d and FusionPro 7.2P1k regarding how JDF information is stored in the job. Usually we try not to make breaking changes like this, so that jobs are fully backward-compatible. However, in this case, there was a tag attribute which was obsoleted, thus the warning. However, other than the warning message, this shouldn't cause any problems at all. But if you want the warning to go away, you can simply open up the Composition Settings dialog and click Save.

I do not know if this is a SPECIFIC MarcomCentral issue. Yes, this particular error is from MarcomCentral, but I don't know if it is being caused by a Fusion Pro error. My hope is to rule out the 'Unknown attribute. <jdf_binary>of tag <fileioinfo> ignored' error so I can be certain I am getting to the problem. I shared the MarcomCentral Error in the event it helped solve this problem.

You're jumping to a conclusion that the warning message about the unknown attribute is related to the handshake error in MarcomCentral. I do not believe that this is the case. In any case, the handshake error is definitely a MarcomCentral-specific issue. If that's the issue you really want to resolve, then the best way to do that is to contact your BRM/CPM, although you may get a response on the MarcomCentral forum if you post there.

Thanks for the info. There was a change between FusionPro 7.2P1d and FusionPro 7.2P1k regarding how JDF information is stored in the job. Usually we try not to make breaking changes like this, so that jobs are fully backward-compatible. However, in this case, there was a tag attribute which was obsoleted, thus the warning. However, other than the warning message, this shouldn't cause any problems at all. But if you want the warning to go away, you can simply open up the Composition Settings dialog and click Save.[/Quote]

Thank you Dan.

I followed your instructions and the warning no longer appears in FusionPro.

However, other than the warning message, this shouldn't cause any problems at all. [/Quote]

Oddly enough, after I clicked Save in the Composition Settings and re-uploaded the template, everything worked as it should in MarcomCentral too.

Thanks again for helping me figure this out,

Andy