Pickup FP Expression Image name and print

bhm8hwcm

I am putting together a little catalog of some Expression Images I have created. I was hoping to have a variable text field on the page (1 image per page) that shows the name of the Expressions image. Rather than type in the name I would rather the image name (same as resource name and rule name) be shown.

Is this possible?

Thanks for the reply.

I am making a small catalogue showing available images. Have named images like cal100.football, cal110.soccerball etc.

I want clients to give me the name of the images they want to use so I thought if when generating the catalog it inserted the image then it could insert the name at the same time rather than me having to type it in.

I am making a small catalogue showing available images. Have named images like cal100.football, cal110.soccerball etc.

I want clients to give me the name of the images they want to use so I thought if when generating the catalog it inserted the image then it could insert the name at the same time rather than me having to type it in.

Well, you can reference the FusionProResource object returned from your graphic rule in a text rule. For instance, in the Frodo Travel Tutorial, you could make a rule like so and use it to show the FP Expression Image resource name and data:

return Rule("PI_Rule").toString();

And this will show you the actual tag which calls out the image at composition time:

return Rule("PI_Rule").content;

Although, since you presumably already have a rule which calls out the FP Expression image based on a data field, I think it would be simpler just to show that data field value directly in the output.

Archived