Turning pages on/off???

BAndreas

Hello all. Thank you in advance for any incite or direction to where I may accomplish my task.

In a McNutshell, the project requires turning on or off pages (sections) based on the users selection in the storefront.

Additional questions:

-Will this option be able to display graphically the pages to turn on or off?

-What will I need to have page numbers dependent on the number of sections being included?

Thanks again!

the project requires turning on or off pages (sections) based on the users selection in the storefront.

Please post questions specific to MarcomCentral in the MarcomCentral forum.

But generally, the way to turn pages on and off is with the FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage function in OnRecordStart. Search this forum or the FusionPro Rules Guide for "SetBodyPageUsage" for more information.

Much appreciated! Just one more question before I start building this..

Is it possible with SetBodyPageUsage to have a "page" actually be a set of pages? I'm trying to tie in groups of PDF's based on the clients selection.

Have a great weekend!

Is it possible with SetBodyPageUsage to have a "page" actually be a set of pages?

Not directly, but you can always make multiple calls to the function, like so:

if (some_condition)
{
 FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Cover 2", true);
 FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Back 7", true);
 // etc.
}

I'm trying to tie in groups of PDF's based on the clients selection.

If you're bringing in other external PDF files, instead of activating and deactivating pages in the template PDF, then you should use this strategy instead:

http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=37

Archived