Sequential numbering question

Brian F.

I need to create a versionable product for one of our stores which is a 4 part NCR form. This is the problem I am having...

The user will enter the starting number for the sequential numbering. They will also choose from a dropdown list what the quantity should be (ie. 250, 500, etc).

When I set up the template in fusion pro, it works fine and composes a file with the number of pages needed with the sequential numbering functioning properly. I'm using the sequential numbering rule and an "on record start" rule which uses this rule:

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = Field("endingcount");

Where Field("endingcount") is the user defined number of forms needed.

I uploaded it to the manager, set up my product and placed a test order. The print file generated by the dashboard only has 1 page, not 250 (or however many chosen in the dropdown) sequentially numbered.

Can this be done? Is the "on record start" rule something limited to fusionpro desktop usage? What am I missing?

Thanks

No, OnRecordStart works in MarcomCentral too.

I think the problem is that you're actually doing a preview inside the Dashboard, which is limiting you to one output record by design.

Either that, or the "endingcount" field value isn't coming through the same way as in FP Desktop. I would simply output the "endingcount" variable in a text frame and see what the value is in the output.

I did the 2nd thing you suggested and the ending count is showing up right in the text frame I added. The pdf generated by the dashboard is still 1 page, not 250 like it should be.

I'm not sure what you mean by "you're actually doing a preview inside the Dashboard". Should I configure the template to use a stacked FPI imposition? Do i need to put in the javascript that determines if it is being composed as preview or as a print file?

I'm not sure what you mean by "you're actually doing a preview inside the Dashboard". Should I configure the template to use a stacked FPI imposition? Do i need to put in the javascript that determines if it is being composed as preview or as a print file?

I mean that I think you can only compose a single record from the Dashboard, and that record repeating is disabled. But I'll have to defer to someone from the MCC team about that. You can always feel free to contact your CPM or Support.

Archived