repeat number only not image

I am working on season football parking passes with variable front (games, 7 images) and back (map for parking lot, 27 images) images that are an external graphic resource, this part is working correctly.

I need to also number the parking passes for season ticket holders so they get a set of season passes, 7, with the same number on each pass. I have tried using the sequential numbering rule and on job start repeat record but have failed to generate the correct results because the on job start rule not only repeats the number but also the image. I need to repeat the sequential number 7 times while the image does not repeat. :confused:

I am using FusionPro Desktop 711P1c and Acrobat 8 Pro

Thanks for any help in advance.

Diane

It's hard to say exactly what you need to do without seeing the job, but if you're using FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount to repeat records, and you want a different graphic in each iteration of the repeat, then you probably want to base the choice of the graphic on the FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber variable.

Here is the FP template and a .PDF output file of the issue I am having. I don't think you need all 34 images, let me know if you do. The image should change each time while the number remains for each set of 7 passes.

Thanks again!:)

Diane

Well, I'm not sure I need all the graphics, but it would be helpful to have some of them, so I can see whether anything is working or not. Since I don't have any of the graphics, all I get on my end are blank pages and error messages about missing files, no matter how I tweak the logic. So I'm kind of stabbing at it in the dark, and I'll have to make a few assumptions, but I'll do my best.

One assumption I'm making is that there are only really seven different "front" graphics, one for each game. If that's true, then you don't need those in the data file at all; you just need to iterate through all seven of them for each record, based on the FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber variable, as I said earlier. So the "Lot Rule" rule would look something like this:

var Games = [ "ILL", "IOWA", "MINN", "MTSU", "ND", "OSU", "SEMO" ];
return CreateResource(Games[FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber-1] + "_ 1.pdf");

Again, I'm not really sure that this will work, since I don't have any real graphics to test it with. But I think this should put you on the right track.

Archived