Help Please with 2 page variable data.pdf

Kingsfield

Hi,

I have been sent 2 single sided postcard designs (exactly the same size) which require variable data on both including barcode rules which I have done.

The data we get supplied is in 1 large Excel file and rather than split the Excel file into 2 separate data files which we do currently. I would prefer to compose altogether and for FP to compose the correct postcard design based on the data supplied, is this possible

I have combined the 2 Postcards into a 2 page .pdf file, the excel file has a field called "subs_ref" and the data either contains "sensitivity-cat" or "sensitivity-dog".

Help would be greatly appreciated

Mac os x 10.6.7

Acrobat 9.4.3

FP Desktop 7.1P1c

Name each page in the Page Usage dialog (something like "dog" and "cat"), then you can use the FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage() function in OnRecordStart to enable or disable the appropriate page for each record. Something like this:

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("dog", Field("subs_ref").toLowerCase().indexOf("dog") > -1);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("cat", Field("subs_ref").toLowerCase().indexOf("cat") > -1);

You need to do this specifically in the OnRecordStart callback rule, not in any old regular rule. From the Rules dialog, click "New", click the "Callback" button, select "OnRecordStart", and click "Next." Then paste the rule syntax into the editor.

Archived