Image Fields showing up as Text Fields when uploaded

How do I prevent my image fields from showing up as text fields when I upload to MarcomCentral? I have triple checked that my rules and boxes are all graphic for these fields. I have never had this problem before. I have rebuild the template three times to try and fix it but the result is the same. Is there a way to change the text field to a graphic field on Marcom?

No, there is no way to change a text field to a graphic field in MCC.

My initial thought is that it is an error with your database. If you are importing in a delimited data file into FusionPro, Acrobat does not discern what is a text or graphic type of field and therefore defaults all field types to text. Edit your flat file data and change all graphic variables to be a graphic field and save.

From what your describing above this is my best guess but if its not, let me know.

If you are importing in a delimited data file into FusionPro, Acrobat does not discern what is a text or graphic type of field and therefore defaults all field types to text. Edit your flat file data and change all graphic variables to be a graphic field and save.

My fields are graphic fields with graphic rules applied to them. My template works fine in Acrobat. The problem arises when I upload to Marcom. It only recognizes the fields as text. I am not sure what you are wanting me to do to my tab delimited .txt file to make the graphic variables different. I just have the file name of the graphic in there. Is there something else I should be doing?

You need to change the field type to Graphic in FP Desktop. From the menu in Acrobat, select FusionPro -> Data Definition -> Input Options, then click "Edit Fields." Select your field, click "Edit" and change the Type drop-down to Graphic. Do this for as many fields as you need, then click "OK" and "Close." Re-upload the job to MarcomCentral and it should show the fields as Graphic. (I'm not sure whether you need to delete and recreate it online or just replace it.)

Archived