return rule in onjobstart or onnewoutputfile

hoover

Hi,

Is there a way to return an rule in the callback rule onjobstart or onnewoutputfile?

Ex:

logname = Right(Left([color=Blue][b]Rule("**  MAILER STURING BASIS**")[/b][/color],8),5)
FusionPro.Composition.CreateXMLLogFile(["/Volumes/PrePress/ MAILER STURING/DATABASE/"+ logname +".xml"])

Thanks,

Hoover

You can indeed call out to one rule from another rule with the Rule function and use its result. However, the problem is that, while most rules are run within the context of a record and do something based on record-specific data, some of the callback rules such as OnJobStart don't have the context of a record, so this doesn't work.

If you could provide more information about what you're trying to accomplish, and what you're expecting the other rule to return, I might be able to offer more specific suggestions.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I want to make a xml logfile with the filename that is in that specific rule.

The rule is an xml template I created and the first 5 characters should be de xml filename. I need the xml file to create a new dbase for our mailing machine and I want it to have the jobcode witch is in the rule.

Thanks for any help,

Hoover

Archived