Font Error No. 1060

graphikal

Just loaded a FP 7.1 license on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit running Acrobat 9 Pro. Whenever we try to add fonts to our database, we get the following error message:

FusionPro could not find any fonts installed on your system. You will be limited to Helvetica and Times Roman fonts. Error no. 1060.

I have to uninstall FP, load place new fonts into our fonts folder, and then re-load the software. As the software loads, we see the font updater run, and then those new fonts are useable. BUT, if we want to load a new font from within the application, it bugs out and throws that same error, and we have no access to any fonts unless we repeat the uninstall process all over again. Extremely frustrating!! Anyone have this issue or know any relative info? Thanks much!

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and new fonts are loading fine. These kinds of problems are usually very specific to your setup, and often to a particular font, so they're almost impossible to diagnose in the abstract here in the forum. Like my signature says, please contact Support for all font- and installation-related issues. You may also want to check your fonts.err file.

More information from Support (whom I still recommend contacting for font issues):

There is a security option built into Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7, which prevents access to system folders and resources, even though you may have Administrative Privileges on your user account. You will need to disable this option under an Admin login.

Under Windows 7, go to the Control Panel, and select "User Accounts," then click "Change User Account Settings." Move the bar down to the bottom to "Never Notify" and click OK. You will then be prompted to restart the machine. Once restarted, you can re-load your fonts.

We had an issue today 4/11/2011 with a font not being recognized by FusionPro 7 on a Mac. We installed in the font in every conceivable location. Users, System and Font Book. During a recent install I observed that FusionPro searches the system for fonts during install. After some simple research and testing I found that FusionPro only recognizes certain fonts at install. I have a really old copy of FusionPro v4 loaded on my Windows PC. I loaded the problem font on my PC and attempted to use the font in a test document. FusionPro did not see the font. I then used the load fonts utility inside the application but FusionPro still did not see the font. It was only after I uninstalled and reinstalled FusionPro that the application recognized the font. This must be a problem that dates back a while. I will be performing the same procedure on the newer Mac version in the morning and will update this post with my finding.

Archived