Format Date Rule - Run only once?

Stack

Not sure if this question should be posed here or in the MarcomCentral area, but here goes... We have a store setup which we're aiming to use internally. The point of the store is for our Sales people to get price quotes for common job types. They input details, select stock and finishing options, etc., hit the green refresh button in the Proof window, and a summary of their job is displayed. One of the form items is a "Job Number" prompt. Rather than requiring the Sales person to input their own number, I'd like to use the following code to generate a unique job number:

return FormatDate(Today(), "mmddyyyy-Hnnss");

My question is, is there a way to specify that this rule only be run once, during the first refresh? Otherwise, if the Sales person comes back and makes changes to the order, the "job number" will update, which we don't want.

As far as FusionPro is concerned, each composition (including a Preview) is unique, and it has no knowledge of any previous compositions. I would ask on the MarcomCentral forum if there's anything you can hook into on that side, maybe a CFG setting based on the Web Server session or something.

Archived