User defined function

SShinsato

I've created a function in FP Desktop and it works correctly. When I collect the item, it doesn't get included and the product doesn't work How do I get a user defined function uploaded?

Thanks

Steven

Graphic Impressions

Where is the script for the function stored on your station? We currently have several functions all contained in a single text file (.js). When we collect for deployment on our web portal, I believe the functions are saved to the Assets.dat file that is created.

I've created a function in FP Desktop and it works correctly. When I collect the item, it doesn't get included and the product doesn't work How do I get a user defined function uploaded?

What exactly do you mean by "in FP Desktop?" Or as Eric asks:

Where is the script for the function stored on your station?

Yes, this is the right question. If the function is defined in your job, either in the JavaScript Globals or within a rule, it should be collected up and work fine. If it's in an external .js file in your Plug-ins folder, it won't.

We currently have several functions all contained in a single text file (.js). When we collect for deployment on our web portal, I believe the functions are saved to the Assets.dat file that is created.

That's not true. The Assets.dat file only contains fonts.

I'm creating rules from within Acrobat using FusionPro.

Created the function originally in the plug-in folder, but read that that wasn't the right place. So I put it under Javascript global and it works when I run it on my computer, but when moved up to the web, all I get is the rule name displayed: {rule_name} when I preview the upload.

Steven

So I put it under Javascript global and it works when I run it on my computer, but when moved up to the web, all I get is the rule name displayed: {rule_name} when I preview the upload.

If a rule is failing, that could be for a number of reasons. It may have nothing to do with the function in the JavaScript Globals. You'll need to look a the log (.msg) file that was generated during the online composition to see what error was raised in the rule. Is this with MarcomCentral?

Archived