Maximum number of records?

Stack

No, there is no theoretical limit, other than the maximum for a signed 32-bit integer, which is over 2 billion. I've seen jobs with half a million records, which obviously take a long time to compose, but do succeed. There can be a limit imposed by your license (serial number), but this is rare.

• 4 months later...

I'd like to bump this thread. I'm trying to compose files over FusionPro Direct and I'm not having much luck. I have a feeling that this is because there are so many records in the data file.

After I start the composition, the job processes until it says it's reached 100% but never shows up in the "output" folder. When I check the msg log it shows that it quit processing half way through the job. See below:

Composing record #12730, input record 10330

Composing record #12731, input record 10331

Composing record #127

This particular data file contains 45,703 records. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is it possible that there isn't enough RAM on our Direct server and it times out? I had IT restart the Direct service but that didn't resolve the problem. I'm currently trying to compose the file locally (unfortunately). I'm basically looking for possible causes and proposed solutions.

Archived