jdf tray selection

hoover

Hi,

I was wondering when FP 7.2 will be out? Because i have a postscript problem when I want to print to a Xerox 4127 (Rip).

STACK: DL Form

etc...

So I read that in version 7.2 there will be an jdf function. This would solve the problem for me.

Thanks,

hoover

I can't say when 7.2 with JDF support will be released, but we are working on it. One of the things that makes it more complicated, and makes the development time longer, is the various ways that different RIPs and devices interpret the "standard" JDF commands.

However, if you're outputting to a PostScript-based output format, you should be able to use the existing PPD Settings functionality in FusionPro 7.1.

That's just the problem. The postscript with ppd doesn't work fine. I get stack errors and font issues. I tested several cases and it's probably a font issue. But that's not sure. So I'm a bit stuck and we really need the tray selection function within a month or 2.

Thanks,

Hoover

That's just the problem. The postscript with ppd doesn't work fine. I get stack errors and font issues. I tested several cases and it's probably a font issue. But that's not sure. So I'm a bit stuck and we really need the tray selection function within a month or 2.

Feel free to contact Support with your PPD issues. But I would say that the new JDF support should be ready within your timeline of a couple months.

Archived