Is this job too big for FP Desktop

JTennant

I am trying to compose 12,000 postcards double sided 4 up (trim size 6''x9'').

Page 1 has a variable image layer(ripped from direct smile generator) and a artwork layer on top of that. On top of the artwork layer is a variable text frame that has two simple merge fields.

The image library for all 12,000 images is 80.6 gb. I spoke with Alex briefly, and he said to upload the file online, but now I have to upload a smaller version because my upload speed is terrible.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The code I am using for my variable image is something like this

return CreateResource (Field("Image"))

Are these images being outputted as .jpegs from DS? Can you post a sample of the one of the images?

When composing, I would probably output at 250 per batch to see what your output file is.

I remember doing a campaign with DS and the postcard was around 5.5" by 11". One-side of the postcard was completely DS and each image was around 5mb.

Are these images being outputted as .jpegs from DS? Can you post a sample of the one of the images?

When composing, I would probably output at 250 per batch to see what your output file is.

I remember doing a campaign with DS and the postcard was around 5.5" by 11". One-side of the postcard was completely DS and each image was around 5mb.

Each JPG is 7.17 MB. The jpg is the smallest format to output to. The picture floods the front of the postcard.

How long did it take you to compose 250 records on the campaign you speak of?

Secondly, is it normal to have to rip 250 at a time?

I think i have a fairly capable machine to run this program. It's an intel quad core q8300 with 6gb of ram.

Archived