3 of 9 barcode rule

bezaman

i am using the 3 of 9 barcode rule. this is what my data is:

035S1P-RQ1 NJ758

the barcode scans but instead of a dash, it is printing "/M"

so when i scan the barcode the result is:

035S1P/MRQ1 NJ758

this is not what i want. why does it replace the dash character with this?

is it because it is somehow using the extended font even though i did not ask it to? What do i need to change in my javascript code to make this work?

it says the dash "-" is included in the character set. why would i need to substitute anything? so you are saying it is a setting on the scanner? i don't think it is because i uploaded my barcode to an online barcode reader site, and it read the barcode the same exact way. "-" scanned as "/M". i think it has something to do with the javascript code that is generated by fusion pro.

it says the dash "-" is included in the character set. why would i need to substitute anything? so you are saying it is a setting on the scanner? i don't think it is because i uploaded my barcode to an online barcode reader site, and it read the barcode the same exact way. "-" scanned as "/M". i think it has something to do with the javascript code that is generated by fusion pro.

You're right, that dash character is supposed to be included. I'm not sure of the historical reasons for making that substitution.

You can always replace that "/M" with the dash in your code, for instance:

return Make39Barcode("035S1P-RQ1 NJ758").replace(/\/M/g,'-');

• 1 year later...

Please refer to this web page:

http://www.carolinabarcode.com/barcode-font-code-39-full-ascii-scanner-a-75.html

Specifically:

All scanners ship with the Full ASCII option for reading Code 39 barcodes disabled. Programming the scanner to read the ASCII character set is easy, and can be done quickly by locating and scanning the barcodes for that option from the scanner's manual.
So this is really just a matter of calibrating your scanner. If you do this, the barcode generated by FusionPro will scan correctly. We have to do this with the DS6608 barcode scanner we use for internal testing.