Copying all fields from one page to another

KayEll

I know the trick for copying all the fields, resources and rules from one FILE to another, but is there a similar trick to copy all the fields from page one of a file to another page in the same file? I know that holding down shift does not let me select multiple fields so to copy and paste all individually will be very tedious.

I suppose I could start with 5 separate files, copy everything to each and then merge those pages into one file, but wondering if there's another trick out there to accomplish this.

Thanks

KayEll

You mean you want to copy the variable frames from one page to another? Well, you can always, from the menu, select FusionPro -> Manage Pages -> Insert Page, and click "Duplicate Existing Page," then use Acrobat's Advanced Editing capabilities to copy the static background elements from a different page.

But instead of doing that, I would turn the problem on its head: have a single body page, and put a large variable graphic frame behind all the other frames to contain the static background from whatever PDF page you want the other frames to be on.

Or better yet, create a Template (Repeatable Component) page and call that out from a rule. That's what that feature is for.

Archived