Sequential Barcode Generation

markriley

Hell all--

I've run into a snag on a job that we've been producing successfully for quite a while now. A local movie chain puts out monthly Free Passes that are in turn passed out to local radio, TV and other medial outlets. In the date supplied by them there is a Quantity Field that determines how many passes each outlet gets for each movie.

The new twist is that they now want to have each unique ticket barcoded with a unique number. The data they provide has the Quantity and a Start Value for the barcode, but not all the sequential interations generated.

We are finding that doing this by hand in excel is terribly time consuming and hope that there is a scripting solution out there somewhere.

I currently use the below OnRecordRule based on the quantity field to generate the desired number of cards, so I'm guessing it would somehow involve a similar solution.

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = Field("qty");�

If there are any ideas/solutions out there, we'd be deeply appreciative.

Thanks is advance,

Mark Riley

Holland Litho Printing Service

What you're describing is a fairly basic ticketing job. See this post for an example. Though since you're using repeated records, you'll want to use FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber instead of CurrentRecordNumber(); something like this:

return MakeQRBarcode(FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber);

That example is, of course, for a QR barcode, but the idea is pretty much the same for other barcode formats.

Archived