Impo Signature Error

mclisa81

Hi,

Could someone please help me with an error I'm getting on this imposition. If I try to compose the 2 records together, it throws an error msg - the number of pages in this record does not match the imposition signature: 4 pages will be truncated. But, if I compose them 1 at a time, it does not throw this error. I have hundreds of records to compose with varying page amounts, it's not productive to compose them 1 at a time. Is there possibly a fix for this this?

Royal_new.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Long story short: Imposition requires you to have the same number of output pages in each record. This is because you could be stacking, and the stacks will be thrown off if you have different numbers of pages in different records. Even if you're not stacking, FusionPro still enforces this restriction, which is the situation you're in.

The only workaround that I'm aware of is to add logic to your rules which are bringing in variable length PDF resources to add blank pages to ensure that each record generates the same number of output pages.

Theoretically, FusionPro could be a little smarter about this in the case where you're not stacking (or where you're outputting each record to its own "chunk" file), and allow different numbers of pages in different records, as long as they're all even multiples of the number of pages per signature. But that enhancement is not on the short-term list as far as I know. Also, it would potentially be even more confusing to have a job that imposes correctly until you turn on stacking (or turn off chunking).

Thanks for the reply Dan. I don't believe the workaround would work because each record should not return the same number of output pages. Each book (record) varies in length depending on the number of text pages in the original pdf. I will just sort the records by the number of pages and compose in batches with similar page count, it's not that big of a deal, just a few extra steps. Thanks again.

Archived