Pages Or Layers???

Printaccel

I am setting up a product that is going to be a form. The Questions will change depending on the choices that are picked for the first two to three questions. (We are looking into using dynamic menus).

For example it would work like this:

What kind of product: A or B

• A. Main Choice: 1 or 2
    • 1. Choice: a or b
      • a. Sub Choice
        • i. Question: answer
        • ii. Question: answer
        • iii. Question: answer

[*]b. Sub Choice

[*]

[*]2. Choice: a or b

[*]

• a. Sub Choice

[*]b. Sub Choice

[*]

[*]B. Main Choice: 1 or 2

[*]

• 1. Choice: a or b
      • a. Sub Choice

[*]b. Sub Choice

[*]

[*]2. Choice

[*]

• a. Question: answer
      • b. Question: answer
      • c. Question: answer

And so forth (hope I haven't totally confused everyone. I wasn't sure how else to describe it)

I would like to set up the template so that only the questions answered show up. For Example:

What kind of product: B

B. Main Choice: 2

a. Question: answer

b. Question: answer

c. Question: answer

I am brand new to javascript, but sorta muddle through it (although I am sure I will have questions on making it work later!:o) My question right now though, is this: would it be better to the put the choices on different pages and have rules that define what page should be viewed (I think its the GetBodyPageUsage rule..will have to do more research), or set it up with layers and have If/Then rules on all the fields. Or a combination of both??

Any help to get me pointed in the right direction to research would be GREATLY appreciated. (sorry this was so long)

Thanks in advance :)

Tina

I am setting up a product that is going to be a form. The Questions will change depending on the choices that are picked for the first two to three questions. (We are looking into using dynamic menus).

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish here. What you're describing doesn't sound like output from a FusionPro composition; it sounds like a web form for retrieving input data.

Are you talking about a form in FP Web? If so, please post your question to that forum.

This forum deals with composition-time rules designed to change output that's intended for printing, such as PDF or PPML, not client-side JavaScript to be used on an HTML web page or form.

Please clarify exactly what kind of form you're trying to create.

Thanks for responding, although right now this is on hold. We originally thought Intelligent Forms was an add on rather than a service. I was questioning more how to set up my template to work with Web, using JavaScript, so that depending on the choices, the correct fields would be filled in without the other fields (or questions) showing up.

Like I said, the whole project was based on a misconception, so please disregard.

Thanks again for asking though!:)

Tina

Archived