High Memory Usage

Hi Guys

We are running FusionPro Server version 11.0.0.4 on Windows 2019 server with 64Gb of memory.

I recently added new logic to an existing template to insert custom tick marks per page generated.  The tick mark image is 48Kb in size.  The data file used a 32 up imposition file with 30,000 records.  The output PDF is 938 pages and 1.3Mb in size.

We reran the same file four (4) times, with all of the same data points as before, but in one instance the server's memory got pushed up to 98% utilization causing all other jobs to slow down processing as well.  When I cancelled the job, the server dropped back down to 5% utilization.  If it worked for 3 runs, why would it just randomly not work for the other ?

I have seen the same occurance on a different product with about 30,000 records and a final output of 1,000 pages and a 2Mb file, so it is not related to the product configuration itself.  The only addition to my code has been the inserting of the onceoff tick mark graphics on each page. 

Anyone have any ideas how I could troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you

39 minutes ago, Hein van Heerden said:

Hi Guys

We are running FusionPro Server version 11.0.0.4 on Windows 2019 server with 64Gb of memory.

I recently added new logic to an existing template to insert custom tick marks per page generated.  The tick mark image is 48Kb in size.  The data file used a 32 up imposition file with 30,000 records.  The output PDF is 938 pages and 1.3Mb in size.

We reran the same file four (4) times, with all of the same data points as before, but in one instance the server's memory got pushed up to 98% utilization causing all other jobs to slow down processing as well.  When I cancelled the job, the server dropped back down to 5% utilization.  If it worked for 3 runs, why would it just randomly not work for the other ?

I have seen the same occurance on a different product with about 30,000 records and a final output of 1,000 pages and a 2Mb file, so it is not related to the product configuration itself.  The only addition to my code has been the inserting of the onceoff tick mark graphics on each page. 

Anyone have any ideas how I could troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you

Correction, we are runninf FusionPro Server 12.0, but my server dashboard is version 11.0.0.4.

I ran a different product using tick marks on a different server with 32Gb of memory and watched it process in Task Manager.  The memory usage of FusionPro Server steadily increased until it reached the maximum memory assigned to the server.  

At the same time, I monitored the text files being generated in the composition folder and the .msg file never changed off 0Kb, no matter how many times I refreshed the screen.  From previous tests I saw that this file would at least jump to 2kb, as it recorded the job start, creator, computer name, working folder, temporary files folder, template file and input file, but in this case it hadn't even done that. 

It does appear as if the graphics are being loaded into memory as the records are processed.  This job has a print quantity of 45,000 units, which an imposition file of 36 units per page.  The tick mark image is 13kb and if inserted per page, shouldn't be more than 16.25Mb, but clearly the memory usage exceeded more than this.

This is tough to analyze from the description.  Someone from PTI will reach out to you at the email address associated with your account here on the forum.  We can probably set up a call to troubleshoot this.