Documentation on Marcom Advanced Features

I was wondering if there is any documentation on how to setup some of the advanced features of the Marcom store such as the new css capabilities, the advanced Marcom form display (eg. tabbed interface, etc.) and how to properly setup a product for use with the WYSIWYG editor?

I have a product setup using the WYSIWYG editor but the font features (eg. bold, italic, etc.) do not work. I need to know how to make these things work.

Thanks!

-IndexxPrep

Hello,

The Online Help may contain some information regarding these new features. In addition, the release notes always contain data on how to implement the new functionality.

Finally, if you still have specific questions, please contact your CPM. We are more than happy to discuss this with you or schedule a call to review.

Thanks.

Ok, so i was checking through the online help knowledge base and when I click on the navigation item "master FPWeb" (which is where I assume the information I am looking for would be since all other items refer to store management and catalog functions), it opens up a new window to a different webpage that doesn't exist.

Link below:

http://manager.printable.com/WebHelp/mergedProjects/masterFPweb/whskin_homepage.htm

Thanks!

IndexxPrep

INDEXX,

I'm not sure where you are getting that link. Where is there a navigation link in the Manager to "master FPWeb"?

When you click the Help button along the top, on the far right it should take you to a page related to the page you are on in the Manager. The main Help URL can be found here:

http://manager.printable.com/WebHelp/masterFPweb.htm#MarcomCentral_Help_Title.htm

As far as answering your questions:

For the CSS editing document, you must ask your CPM.

For adding the new design features: sections (i.e. the tabbed form display) refer to the Help section on the Form Display section: http://manager.printable.com/WebHelp/masterFPweb.htm#Store_Management/Catalogs/FormTemplate_Setup/Templates/Template_Setup.htm

I'm not sure what you mean by WSIWYG editor for the Products. If you could clarify a bit...

We have a utility for modifying text in the Store called the Store Editor; there is information in Help here: http://manager.printable.com/WebHelp/masterFPweb.htm#Store_Management/Catalogs/FormTemplate_Setup/Templates/Template_Setup.htm

Store Editor is pretty simple; click the Edit button, change the text and Save. However, it sounds like you are talking about modifying a template, when you refer to a "font feature", so again could you be a little more specific.

Thanks,

I can use the link that you sent for the help menu, that should help. As far as the 404 error issue...

If I am in the manager and click the "Help" link at the top right, it pulls up the WebHelp application. The "master FPWeb" link is the second link in the vertical navigation on the left. When I click that link (even from the link you posted) I get a 404 error. (Mac OS X 10.5.6, Firefox 3.5, Safari 5). (See screenshot)

That link takes me to this page:

http://manager.printable.com/WebHelp/mergedProjects/masterFPweb/whskin_homepage.htm

I will have to get with our CPM to get the css editing info. Why is that info not widely available without having to ask? Just curious.

Yes, I am referring to a template. And I guess you call it the "Rich Text Editor". I have a template that is utilizing the rich text editor, but all of the functions are not working properly and I must have something setup incorrectly. I was wanting to know if there is documentation on setting up a template for using the rich text editor. I am looking through the help info now, but haven't come across it yet.

Thanks in advance!!!

-IndexxPrep

master_FPWeb_404ERROR.jpg.7ce97c6df6ab10ea4c3b7806efac6017.jpg

INDEXX,

That link is something specific to MACs only. The application that generates the Skin adds this and I do not believe we can control the appearance of that specific field in the TOC. So for future reference, just don't click it. All of the other content works as designed.

I do not have an answer for you with respect to the RTE. However, I will point out that the font you use must have Bold, Italic or B/I family members for the RTE style formatting to work. RTE does not magically create Bold for a font that only exists in a "Regular" format.

If this is something you cannot figure out on your own or through the User Community, I would suggest submitting it as a support issue with your build files so that we can trouble shoot.

In the referred to template, I have normal, bold and italic styles in the template, but the RTE still does not make the requested text bold or italic. I do not see any place to specify which fonts for the RTE to use when these styles are requested. Is there someone that can provide documentation on how these features are supposed to work?

Thanks!

-IndexxPrep

Archived