Javascript performance

Is there a way to gauge the peformance of a javascript in marcomcentral? I have a series of templates that i would like to clean up or optimize in composition speed but i do not not know if it is entirely on the FP server or if it is simply the number of objects i am using in the template.

Is this question really specific to MarcomCentral? If you're talking about JavaScript rules, it's really a general FusionPro question.

You can always add some logic like this to a rule:

var StartTime = new Date;
// The rest of your rule logic except the final "return" here.
Print("Execution time in milliseconds: " + (new Date().getTime() - StartTime.getTime()));
// Your "return" statement here.

The result will appear in your composition log (.msg) file.

It is specific to MarcomCentral as i am trying to figure out what resources or iterations are slowing the composition time in the actual MarcomCentral Store. I can compose the template using the desktop app but that is not a true representation of the composition once loaded to MarcomCentral.

Hadrian,

Are these templates already uploaded to the MarcomCentral Manager? If so you can email support@printable.com with the store name and Product IDs and a brief description of what it is you are looking for, and we can take a look.

Jeff Stehman

Technical Support | Printable Technologies Inc.

jstehman@printable.com | www.printable.com

858.847.6622 direct | 800.220.1727 office

Archived