QR code in FP 7

Hi All,

I just upgraded to FP 7. I see that it now supports QR codes and from what I read in the manual I just need to create a rule and that will create my qr code for me. I cannot seem to find the font reference in the user guide called idautomation2d that is required to create this type of barcode. I see all of the other idautomation fonts but not this one. has anyone ever used the QR code and if so where can i find that font.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

Since you did not reference your operating system, I will assume it is a PC. The reason for guessing at PC is that the IDAutomation2D font gets installed into your Windows fonts folder and must be opened manually then restart Acrobat and load fonts. After that you should see it in the list and it will be the default here on out.

1) Go to: C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

2) Find: IDAutomation2D and Double click to open

3) Close folder and Start Acrobat

4) Load Fonts: FusionPro > Advanced > Load Fonts > Load All

5) Create the QR Barcode Rule

6) Select the IDAutomation2D as the font

This is something to be resolved in a later release, but this will fix your missing font issue.

Hope this helps!

Richard,

Thanks for that tip. I did what you said and the font showed up which was great. When I am trying to create my file with that rule enabled i get the following in my log file

Job started 16:33:11 - 1280183591.

Creator: FusionPro Desktop 7.0P1d

Computer Name: T21

Current working folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop

Template File: C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\UofC Info Session 2 OR_imprint.pdf

Input File: C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\qr.csv

Composing record #1, input record 1

No value associated to graphic copyhole <QR Barcode Rule> in record 1.

No value associated to graphic copyhole <2> in record 1.

Job ended 16:33:11 - 1280183591.

the content in my sample database is just 1 column 1 record and it reads http://collegeadmissions.uchicago.edu

Can you help me figure out why nothing is showing up when i do a preview or a composed pdf, i have tried selecting different settings when i create the rule but to no avail.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

How many Variable Frames do you have? What is the value for your one record?

It sounds as if you are trying to use the QR barcode rule in a Graphic Frame or that you have a Graphic Frame that has nothing inserted. Remember the QR Barcode is a font, so place it into a text frame

Archived