Creating Intelligent Mail Barcode

bduncan

Trying to figure out if it's possible to purchase data using integration with GeoSelect -> (tricky part) convert data to IMB on postcard -> go straight to press from Dashboard to Nexpress -> cut, tray and send to co-mingler to mail Standard rate.

Is it possible to create IMB on the fly with purchased data if I know what Service Type ID, and our Mailer ID and Routing Code already? I figure I'll create a bogus sequential# or something for the serial # since we're not interested in tracking.

Is it possible to create IMB on the fly with purchased data if I know what Service Type ID, and our Mailer ID and Routing Code already? I figure I'll create a bogus sequential# or something for the serial # since we're not interested in tracking.

Yes. In FusionPro 5.1, look for a JavaScript function called MakeOneCodeBarcode. (The USPS went through several name changes for the barcode standard.)

Please refer to this post and the links therein for information building the Tracking Code from the Service Type ID, Mailer ID, and serial number.

Archived