Acrobat 9 crashes when trying to run any Fusion pro function 6.2

zmaiter

Hello all, hopefully I can get some help on an install issue I am having My system:

Windows 7, Acrobat 9 pro, Fusion pro 6.2

My process:

Installed Acrobat 6 pro

Installed FusionPro 6.2p1a

Open a pdf, click on the fusion pro icon, acrobat Crashes.

Uninstall Acrobat 6.

Install Acrobat 9

Same result

reboot

reinstall Fusion pro

Same result

Uninstall acrobat 9 pro and reader and fusion pro

reboot

Install Acrobat 9 pro, Fusion pro 6.2p1a

reboot

Same result

uninstall 6.2p1a

reboot. Install FusionPro 6.2p1c. Reboot

Same result

So I've tried all the right (Hopefully) steps to crrect from an install process. FusionPro keeps crashing Acrobat and I can not build any templates. Has anyone come across this and have any suggestion on how to correct?

Thanks,

Zaid

Make sure everything is deleted after you do the Uninstall process. I think there is a tech note on doing a search on the C:drive to make sure the word "Printable" doesn't appear after the removal of the program(FusionPro).

Acrobat 9 should be installed and updated to the latest version after install. I would restart the computer after this has been done and then install FusionPro.

Try "right-clicking" on the setup.exe and installing as ADMINISTRATOR.

If this doesn't work, I would completely uninstall CS4 and try these steps again. Acrobat shouldn't be that "buggy" and it sounds like you have multiple versions of Acrobat installed on your machine that "could" be the issue. I would just have a clean install of CS4 on your machine and that's it of any Adobe components.

Thanks for the response. I tried it out, and went a bit further and it still fails:

1) Uninstalled all Adobe products, including Flash, etc.

2) Uninstalled Fusion Pro

3) Deleted folders for Adobe and Printable

4) Reboot

5) Ran Registry cleaner and removed all references to Adobe, Acrobat, printable and Fusion pro

6) Reboot

7) Installed Acrobat Pro V9

8) Reboot

9) Installed Fusion Pro 6.2p1c

10) Reboot

11) Test – Failed. I still get the same error message.

any other tips woul dbe appreciated. Thanks.

As I'm a Mac user, I don't know that I can offer much, but I will add that the only time I ever had a problem with a clean install of both Acrobat and FusionPro was when I installed the former and then attempted to install the latter before launching Acrobat (without FP installed) once. Turned out I needed to activate Acrobat and install any and all updates BEFORE installing FP. If you did all that, then it may be time for a call to support. :(

Success!! I have fixed it thanks to the help of Fusion pro support. Took quite a while, the past 4 days, but is now working. Turns out the DLL's for fusion pro in the Windows/system32 folder are not removed in the uninstall. Manually removing one of them after uninstalling FP, then reinstalling FP has corrected the problem. Thanks support for all your help.:D

• 2 months later...

Archived