Multiple back pages

Danovh

I have a document with 4 pages, 3 pages are backs with variable on each and a data field calling for a particular page. Is there a way to make a rule that tells FP to call for page 1&2 by "version 1" in the data in the field, page 1&3 by "version 2", Page 1&4 by "version 3".

Sure.

If your field denoting which version to use is called "Version" and the contents for each record are "1", "2", and "3", you would need to go into Page Usage in the FusionPro menu and set your 3 back template pages to "UNused" and give them names "1", "2", and "3".

You would then set code in an OnRecordStart callback rule as follows:

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(Field("Version"), true);

This should handle your scenario of choosing the correct back for each record. The key is to make sure the name of your optional template pages is the same as the content in the field that indicate which one to use.

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but have a question regarding multiple pages???

In my field (form) options, after filling out the necessary information to preview...can you display only the pages that are related? Not the entire document? I have a four page PDF, but only want to see two depending on what is filled out. I was able to hide or suppress the fields not needed for my particular forms (pages). However, when I click on the proof, all my pages display???

I'm new to Marcom and not sure if this needs a Javascript rule or not?

Could someone please let me know. Thank you

Krista,

Since all pages are "In use" by default, really you just need to indicate which pages you want deactivated. The example below used named pages, with a field indicating with page is deactivated:

if (Field("Layout")== "Layout A")

{

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Layout B", false);

}

--------------------------------------

You could also indicate that both pages in question are not in use, then you can activate pages by using the field value in the PageUsage function:

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(Field("Layout"), true);

--------------------------------------

Either option require JavaScript to be used in an OnRecordStart - Callback rule. Another important thing to keep in mind is that each of the relevant pages must be in sequential order in the layout.

Hope this helps

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the help...BUT

I'm trying to use the coding you sent, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work? Does this coding apply to pages that are built as one PDF?

For example: I have two separate backs, and one common front, all built within one PDF showing different variable fields. In the Marcom system I populate my field(s) and hit the proof button, but my PDF proof show all three pages. I just want the page with the fields I'm editing at the time to show, NOT all??

Wasn't sure if this would work for that purpose?? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?? Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you again

Krista

Archived