Prefills disappear

I have a business card template that has 7 address resources. With these addresses, there is also an optional building name. I would like a field to fill with the building name, but also have the option of deleting the name, or filling in a different building name.

When the first of the chosen 7 building names is chosen from a drop-down field, the building names field is filled appropriately from a prefill. If they choose another building, the name does not appear. Is there a fix for this?

Let me know if I need to explain further, thanks,

Carrie

Are you using the prefill option in the Form/Template setup section or are you using this as an alternate resource in the template design? Not quite sure what your trying to achieve; are these multiple line addresses, formatted text resources, etc? Definitely need more information, possible to supply a screen shot or attach the template itself?

Here is the first window. "Professional Building" is one of seven address choices. You can see that the words Professional building prefill.

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr38/cdodtphoto/window1.jpg

If another Building choice is chosen, the box does not prefill.

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr38/cdodtphoto/window3.jpg

I have a field for "Jelke Building" prefilled, but it only loads the first Prefill choice. If the user changes his mind and chooses another building, the prefill is lost.

These are formatted text resources, with an optional box to fill in a building name, or take it out if they do not want it to display. Let me know if this helps you, thanks,

Carrie.

• 2 weeks later...
I am really supposed to know that this is a "Marcom Central Forum" Question? I work in Fusion Pro Desktop. I assumed it should be here.

Yes, you design your template in FusionPro Desktop, but the data is from MarcomCentral. Your initial question was about drop-down fields and prefills, which are not a part of FusionPro Desktop. Your screenshots are of MarcomCentral, not Desktop.

Let's go back to your original question again:

When the first of the chosen 7 building names is chosen from a drop-down field, the building names field is filled appropriately from a prefill. If they choose another building, the name does not appear. Is there a fix for this?

What part of this involves FP Desktop? If I'm misunderstanding, then I apologize, but I don't see how this is anything but a MarcomCentral question.

Archived