Version compatibility updates?

sschardan

It's October, so that means Adobe has once again released Indesign updates that have broken FusionPro. I saw an email that there is a pending 13.1 FP soon to be released.

Will this release be compatible with Adobe CC 2024?
Will this release be compatible with MacOS 14, Sonoma? (is the current 13.0.4 compatible with Sonoma?)
Will 13.1 fix the known Mac bug that crashes Producer Monitor when trying to view the log?

I have seen posts here saying a native Mac Silicone version of FP is in the works. I understand and appreciate that this is a tall task. But the M1 chip has now been out for three years, come November, and we are now on the verge of the M3. Any news on when FP will run natively?

Any info for these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I wouldn't say that the "InDesign updates have broken FusionPro."  It's just that there's a new version of InDesign which is not yet supported.  FusionPro itself continues to work fine in the latest version of Acrobat, and in all versions of InDesign through 2023.

Here's what I can tell you:

We have completed QA testing with FusionPro on macOS 14 "Sonoma" and have found it to be fully functional and compatible.

The upcoming FusionPro VDP 13.1 release should have support for InDesign 2024.  I'm working on that right now.

FusionPro 13.1 will also have a fix for the crash when viewing the log file from Producer.

As for a Silicon native version of FusionPro for Mac, that is still in the works, but I don't have any time frame to give you.  Sorry for the trouble.  We anticipate that running under Rosetta will still be viable at least until the next major update to macOS.