Importing Rules from another FusionPro file

Greg

I have created a number of FusionPro Zip files and I don't want to have to create the same rules again for new FusionPro Zip files. According to the information that I have I can import them from another FusionPro Zip file but that is not working. When I import the rules it looks like it works but when I go to the pull down window the rule does not exist in the list. What is the best way to go about importing the rules from one FusionPro Zip file to another?

Thank you.

I'm not sure about the "zip" part of the process, but I do know that if you have a FP template file, you can import a .dif file from another template file which will import the latter's rules as well as it's input file. You can then reassign the correct input file (if different), but retain the imported rules. If this can be done after collecting the files into a zip format, I don't know how to do that.

Can you point me to the documentation that infers that rules can be imported at the zip stage?

I'm not sure about the "zip" part of the process, but I do know that if you have a FP template file, you can import a .dif file from another template file which will import the latter's rules as well as it's input file. You can then reassign the correct input file (if different), but retain the imported rules. If this can be done after collecting the files into a zip format, I don't know how to do that.

Can you point me to the documentation that infers that rules can be imported at the zip stage?

Sorry that was the one part of my post that was in error. The importing of the rules is all being done before the files are colleted for output and become a zip file. I will try again with the information that you have provided. Thank you.

When I import the rules it looks like it works but when I go to the pull down window the rule does not exist in the list.

If I use the wizards to create a rule, those rules don't transfer.

I find that the only way to get them to transfer from one FP file to another is to convert them to javascript after they have been created.

Hope this helps.

Archived