Enhancement Request

TMD

I would love it if FusionPro would stop making my Acrobat document change to full screen or view my page as fit width.

I prefer to have my Acrobat windows tiled to view more than one at a time...or at the least, I like to be able to see other software on my desktop while still seeing it composing on screen.

And there are some documents that I prefer to see as full page - but it keeps zooming to "fit width".

It also seems to always open behind my current document when I open another PDF...but that could just be me as it didn't used to do this.

Thanks!

sb

This is a feature of Adobe Acrobat which affects all PDF documents, regardless of the presence of the FusionPro plug-in. In other words, it's not us. This behavior can be customized in Acrobat's Preferences dialog; depending on the Acrobat version, you'll want to look under the Documents category for "Restore last view settings when reopening documents," and under Page Display for "Default Layout and Zoom."

Thanks for all that Dave! I didn't know that stuff was there.

I did go & change all of my settings, however, it's still not working. If I open a non-FP document, it opens in just the way I had it last. But if I open up a FP document, the page view is correct (full page instead of zooming into fit screen), but the whole window expands to full screen.

Not only that - but if I open an FP document while I have a non-FP document open, it will put the FP doc behind my current one AND blow that non-FP one to full screen. I'm guessing there is some other setting somewhere that tells a newly opened document to open BEHIND a current document? I'll go look for that, because THAT is even more annoying. And just to be clear, I can open multiple non-FP docs and none of them automatically expand to full screen (but they do keep opening behind each other).

Any ideas?

sb

• 2 months later...
Thanks for all that Dave! I didn't know that stuff was there.

Dan, Dave, whatever. I've been called all sorts of names....:p

I did go & change all of my settings, however, it's still not working. If I open a non-FP document, it opens in just the way I had it last. But if I open up a FP document, the page view is correct (full page instead of zooming into fit screen), but the whole window expands to full screen.

This has been fixed in FusionPro 7.0. :D Opening a FusionPro template PDF in Acrobat will no longer cause the document window to be maximized, or "zoomed," to the entire screen.

Not only that - but if I open an FP document while I have a non-FP document open, it will put the FP doc behind my current one AND blow that non-FP one to full screen. I'm guessing there is some other setting somewhere that tells a newly opened document to open BEHIND a current document? I'll go look for that, because THAT is even more annoying. And just to be clear, I can open multiple non-FP docs and none of them automatically expand to full screen (but they do keep opening behind each other).

I haven't seen the "opening behind" issue. If you get a chance to try FusionPro 7.0, please let me know if the issue is still present there.

Thanks Dan - sorry about the name thing!

If we have FusionPro 6, do we have to upgrade to get FusionPro 7? Or is it considered an "update" to the version we have?

Thanks,

Shelly

Thanks Dan - sorry about the name thing!

If we have FusionPro 6, do we have to upgrade to get FusionPro 7? Or is it considered an "update" to the version we have?

Thanks,

Shelly

As noted in the FusionPro 7.0 announcement:

FusionPro Desktop 7.0 upgrades are currently available for all FusionPro Desktop 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x customers at a discounted upgrade price of $499 per license.

You can also contact Sales for an evaluation license.

Archived