External Data File on W2P

Does referencing External Data Files work when uploaded to the manager?

This would be when you use "ExternalDataFileEx" in rules to access the Data File. I don't want to go through the trouble of changing my code if it turns out it doesn't work.

Thanks!

Hi Kristal,

If you are referring to referencing an external database file in the JavaScript rules in your template, then yes, this is supported. You will need to reference the exact file name of the file in your JS rule, and you will need to upload the database file with your collect files into the manager.

If this is not what you are referring to - could you elaborate?

Thanks,

-Aislinn

As far as I know it works fine, as long as the external file is in the same location as the other job files (i.e. with the PDF template and not at some other location that's specific to your machine or network). You may need to add the file as a Resource so that it gets collected with the job and uploaded to FP Web.

Thanks for the info. I have found that on the Mac, I have to put the full path for the external database to work when I compose. Works without the path when validating though. I'm hoping for the final product, I can remove the path and upload to the manager.

Archived