Can Not Load any fonts.

Jordanh

When I try to load new fonts, the progress bar shows up and it completes. But there are no new fonts. Then when I try to load all fonts, it comes up with an error message saying "Fusion Pro could not find any fonts installed on your system. You will be limited to helvetica and times roman fonts. Error no 1060." So now I only have default helvetica and default times roman font to use in Fusion pro.....4 f*&^ing fonts!! How is this possible? My windows folder has over 100 fonts in it and my fusion pro fonts folder has the same. In order to get all those fonts back on the Fusion Pro I have to reinstall Fusion Pro completely.

And i still can not load a new font even after i reinstall everything.

Please help.

I would activate them on my suitcase font manager and then i would go into acrobat and click fusion pro/advanced/loadfonts/loadnewfonts. I don't know how else to do it.

Are you storing new fonts in the job folder or the system fonts folder?

Reason asking is that I see a lot of people storing new fonts that can bog the system down in their system fonts folder. Sometimes corrupt fonts.

I assume you are loading the newest version of FusionPro and you are installing as Admin. I know in Vista that I when installing initially, I have to right-click on the .exe file and say "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR."

After installing FP, I would do a re-start immediately of the CP. Open FP and then Load all new fonts. If that still isn't working, I would get with Support to see if anything else is wrong.

There are lots of fonts loaded into the system folder already, but when i add new fonts i am using a font manager(suitcase) to activate them. They are in a different folder than the system folder.

Should i be loading the new fonts into the Fusion pro/fonts folder? I don't know why that would work though because FP says it doesn't even recognize any fonts in the FP folder and there are more than a few.

There are lots of fonts loaded into the system folder already, but when i add new fonts i am using a font manager(suitcase) to activate them. They are in a different folder than the system folder.

Should i be loading the new fonts into the Fusion pro/fonts folder?

I would never load any "new" fonts into the system folder, if you can avoid it and never load fonts into the FP fonts folder.

If you have to load a font or two into the system fonts folder, make sure you load the font properly, not just drag it into the System Fonts Folder.

If you believe that the system fonts folder has fonts used for past jobs, I would look into re-installing the system fonts(not Fusion Pro fonts).

New jobs that come-in with fonts that differ from FusionPro or your system fonts folder, I would store in a separate folder(job folder) load into suitcase, load into FusionPro.

When I first started at this print shop, fonts wouldn't load correctly and I found out later that they were putting fonts in the system font folder to load fonts.

• 4 months later...
This is an issue when using Windows Vista or Windows 7. You can successfully load the fonts by using the admin login or by giving your account admin access. I believe you can then restrict the user access later after the font are loaded.

I had the same problem a while ago. Instead of loading your fonts within Acrobat, go to your Printable folder/ FusionPro Configuration. In there, you should see buttons for "Load All" and "Load New". Attempt to load your fonts from there.

I think I also had problems loading them due to my operating system. If you still have problems, it could be your security settings with your operating system. I run Windows 7 and had to Control Panel/System and Security/Change User Account Control Settings and lower my security, then load my fonts, then raise my security back up. It seemed silly at the time, but works fine now.

Archived