Graphic Frames/Bullets

Liz Singh

Graphic Frames -

In FusionPro you can link two text frames, so the one overflows into the next. Is there anything like this for graphic frames?

Bullets -

I have various formatted text resources within FusionPro with bullets and numbers. First how can you find the correct symbol? Is there a short cut that shows all? Also, would using the tabbing button help any with spacing and aligning bullets?

Liz Singh

FusionPro Desktop 6.1P1e

I recommend creating separate threads for each question/issue. I'll try to answer both here though.

Graphic Frames -

In FusionPro you can link two text frames, so the one overflows into the next. Is there anything like this for graphic frames?

I don't understand what it would mean conceptually to "link" multiple graphic frames. Graphics do not "flow" the same way that text does. Can you explain more about what you're trying to do?

Bullets -

I have various formatted text resources within FusionPro with bullets and numbers. First how can you find the correct symbol? Is there a short cut that shows all?

Yes. On Windows, use the Character Map (Start -> Run -> type "charmap"), and you can type the name of a character (such as "bullet") into the Search field. On Mac, you can use the Character Palette (go to System Preferences and search for "character palette").

If you're doing this from tagging, say in a rule, you can use the "•" entity. FusionPro's standard entities are listed in the Tags Reference Guide. You can also determine the tagging for any character by typing or pasting it into a Formatted Text Resource and using the "View Source" button.

Also see:

http://google.com/search?q=bullet+character

and:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_(typography)

Also, would using the tabbing button help any with spacing and aligning bullets?

Absolutely! Just type or paste the bullet character and then hit the Tab key. You can adjust the tab position in the Edit Tab Stops dialog.

Archived