Document height restriction?

NPN

After much trying and failing I've discovered why this one document has caused me so much trouble.

It seems the magical height limit for preview to work in a PDF is 1155mm. Width does not have the same restriction.

I have a VDM that is 2175 in height (banner) and a deadline next week, is there a way around this or can it be fixed? And where and why is this restriction exactly?

We use Digital Store Front to publish our VDM's. And although I can't confirm it, it seems DFS neither can manage this size as it returns a blank preview.

My specs:

Acrobat Pro 1.8.6

FusionPro Designer 6.2P1a

Win XP SP3 (32bit)

There is a limitation on page height of template PDF pages of about 45.5 inches, or 3.79 feet. (In geek-speak, this is 327680 in hundredths of points in the DIF file, or 32768 in tenths, i.e. the maximum value for a signed 16-bit integer.) Above that, FusionPro will output a page with the correct size, but the contents will be blank.

So, if you need to compose something very large such as a billboard, you will need to keep the page height under this limit, and scale up on the printer. Billboards don't really need to have 72 DPI graphics anyway.

Archived