Problems previewing/composing Chinese Simplified text

I am attempting to produce a VDP template that displays the data from a field in the Chinese Simplified language. I am using the Hei font. I have attempted to put the unicode tag in my rule along with the font tag, but I get a blank display and receive errors when attempting to compose. Are there other tags I need to use to compose the language font correctly?

If you haven't worked with Unicode in FusionPro before, here are a couple tips:

- To fully enable Unicode, ensure that the "Enable Asian character Support" option is selected. FusionPro -> Advanced -> Advanced Settings -> Enable Asian character support (checkbox on bottom).

- After enabling the above option, run a "Load Fonts".

- In your template, you need to set FusionPro to compose in Unicode (versus just Latin-1 or MacRoman). This is done by de-selecting the "Limit processing to Latin-1 text" checkbox at FusionPro -> Compose -> Advanced (tab) -> Limit processing to Latin-1 text.

I am attempting to produce a VDP template that displays the data from a field in the Chinese Simplified language. I am using the Hei font. I have attempted to put the unicode tag in my rule along with the font tag, but I get a blank display and receive errors when attempting to compose. Are there other tags I need to use to compose the language font correctly?

If you could tell us exactly what error messages you're getting, that would make it a lot easier to help. Other information, such as your OS and FusionPro versions, is useful as well.

Generally, I can make a rule like so:

return '<f name="MyFontName">' + TaggedTextFromRaw(Field("MyFieldName"));

And check the "Treat returned strings as tagged text" box, and it works, even if the field has Unicode data. If you want to know exactly what font name to specify, you can create a Formatted Text Resource, enter some text in that font, and then click the "View Source" button.

Archived