Ad resizing question

Brian F.

I received sample files and instructions on how to allow store users to enter their own dimensions for versioned ads.

my question is this...

Can logic be created so that when a user makes an adjustment to one dimension the other dimension will be adjusted proportionately?

• 5 years later...

I realize this is an old question, but did you (or anyone else) figure out how to adjust the dimensions proportionately?

I would like to allow the user to type in the page_width__ value and then the page_height__ value would automatically be calculated. I would like to do this without having values in a drop down. The issue is assigning the page_height__ value to field("page_height__").

example: I have an 8.5" x 11" page. The user inputs 17 for the page_width__. The template should output as 17" x 22".

After reading this post (http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?t=2559&highlight=field+value), I have a feeling that it isn't possible.

I've attached the Ad Resizing information that PTI provided. Note: The resizing will not work in Acrobat, you need to upload it to MarcomCentral for it to work.

ad_resizing_rev.zip

I have not used this so no guarantees here.

First make sure the page_width__ field has a lower sort order number than the page_height__ field.

Put the following script in the Note part of the page_width__ field. Make sure the doc_width and doc_height numbers are correct for your template.

<script type="text/javascript">
var doc_width = 8.5;
var doc_height = 11;

document.getElementById("page_width__").onblur = calc;
function calc() {
document.getElementById("page_height__").value = parseFloat(this.value) * (doc_height / doc_width);}
</script>

This should automatically fill out the page_height__ field when you click out of it. You will likely want to set that field to be hidden before publishing the form.

Let me know how it works out.