Intelligent Forms

ijanovick

Does anyone know how to set up intelligent forms? I don't see instructions anywhere in the FP User Guide and I don't see anything in the "help" menu. I have emailed my CPM already, but thought I might get a quicker response on the forum. Thanks everyone!

iForms needs to be activated by your CPM before you can begin using it. I received all the documentation I needed directly from my CPM so you're probably best to wait to hear from him/her. If you already have it activated and have a specific question I can try and answer it as I'm currently using this functionality.

No problem!

The feedback I have received from those customers I set it up for don't like that the field for the code is actually within the Form page and not the checkout/billing page. I tend to agree that the Form page should strictly be for entering information pertaining to the printed piece however the iForms functionality was meant to drive pricing based on variables selected on the Form page (which I also use it for) so technically it's in the correct place.

Luckily the functionality does allow for "coupon" codes/discounts and it definitely has worked just as we would like it to so our customers have been willing to accept the fact that their users need to enter the code/coupon on the Form page.

In case anyone at Printable is reading, I'd love to see this idea expanded upon and actually see an area specifically meant for this type of thing from within the checkout/billing page.

But for now, I'm fine working with what I have because, it does indeed do the job.

Thanks for the insight Lisa! Sounds like it could work for us.

I agree. I'd like to see this be a feature at the end of the purchase process. I understand that the Corporate Store environment doesn't typically involve purchases in the same way as a typical retail Store-Customer relationship. It'd be great to have the ability to apply discounts to a whole order though.

Does anyone know if this functionality is available in the Retail Stores.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that Printable does have plans to release coupon functionality in the very near future. We currently support a single coupon type of "Free Product" - we will be expanding this to include $amount off as well as percentage off.

The coupon codes are entered in the Shopping Cart and are track able (unlike using the iForms work around). You can enable coupon codes right now in your training or demo store to see how the workflow is in the store using the Free Product coupon type.

This should be available in the system in the October time frame, please contact your CPM for more details.

Thanks!!

Hi all,

Funny you should be discussing coupon codes....

We understand that customers are using iForms for coupon codes at the product level. This approach does put the coupon code in the versioned form vs. in the cart as part of the checkout process.

We DO have support today for a coupon code that is entered in the cart. This code is a "free product" type code.

We are currently expanding this capability to include additional coupon code support for MarcomCentral including % and amount off (for individual products or for the entire order). This too will be a code entered in the cart.

Note that this coupon code functionality doesn't use iForms at all.

Expect to see some information about this new functionality in our release notes for a release we have scheduled for the next release after Print 09.

Wow, Mark! Thank you for the information! I look forward to learning more about the new release.

Brian - I'm currently running both corporate and retail stores and for the time being I've been using iForms for both to drive this structure but it sounds like we won't have to worry about this in the near future. If you have an immediate need I'd definitely look into using iForms to at least "get the ball rolling".

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I wanted to update this thread to let everyone know that as of the Late October release, the MarcomCentral stores now support Coupon Codes for percent off and amount off line items and carts.

Our online help will be updated very soon with this information, but if you would like further information or documentation, contact your CPM.

Thanks!

Archived