Weird problem.

Fletch

I have a VD job, with variable text and images, all set and ready to compose. All fields look great in preview mode. When I run Compose, I get an error telling me there's a problem with a Graphic. It tells me that the graphic in question either is not found, or is not processed properly. The funny thing is, the graphic it's referring to is my base PDF file, which I exported out of InDesign with FusionPro. The same file I'm currently working in, and I set up all my varibale information. I can see the file, and open and close it with no problem. So, what's the problem?

Any ideas.

Fletch,

I have seen this in the past with a PDF template that was "new" and not saved to disk. I use Enfocus Pitstop sometimes to make a new blank PDF which I use to test FusionPro with. I need to save the PDF file to disk before I can compose with it. However, that's not what your doing and the PDF from InDesign is surely "saved".

Try doing a "Save As" on your template and save it as a new PDF FusionPro template and then try composing again.

Another option is to move the template to a different folder on your computer and then try composing again. Something might be up with the full path of where your PDF is located (perhaps some type of special character in the path somewhere?). Please take a look at that.

Alternately, try re-exporting your job from InDesign again. Perhaps there was some type of corruption in the PDF that was exported.

It was definately the path. The folder name had 'slashes' in it. When I deleted the slashes, all was fixed.

I do have another issue. I have a text box that has both Variable and static text in it. The text is right and left justified, but when it comes into FusionPro it justifies to the left. I see there is a buton to select 'right, left, center or justified. It works for all except the justified for both margins. Can this work?

Archived