Auto Populating Fields on Variable Products?

JaySignmasters

Hi there, I have a Client who has products they want created for about 800 users. Each user has their own LOGO and ADDRESS.

Is it possible to create products where based on the user who logs in, their specific LOGO and ADDRESS is added to the fields I request?

I am looking to see if this will work, and if not is there anyone who has workarounds?

Thanks in advance. I did look in these forums but there is a lot of data that is past 2 years old. Is this information any good now?

You can achieve this by using Text Profile Attributes for the address fields and using Image Collections for the images. There is documentation for this that exists but lately I have not had much success with the search for documentation in MC so I hope the below helps you at least get going:

You create the Text attributes under "Profile Attributes" in the Template section of MarcomCentral, then upload the user assignments either in the same area or via Bulk Uploads.

With regards to the images, create a library and upload all of your images. Once uploaded, head over to the Image Collections tab in that library and create a new collection.

Under the "Settings" Section, make sure to select "Yes" under "Filter Images by User?". Then, find your library and all of the images you want to assign.

Once you finish this, go back to Bulk Uploads, download an existing User spreadsheet because you'll need the ID for each user (the number in the very last column). Then select the Image Collection User Assignments Bulk Upload and download the worksheet and fill in the appropriate information and re-upload.