Link to another product?

sathomas

Wondering the best way to do this so would really appreciate some help and guidance!

I have a product I need to set up in Marcom Central; there are 2 versions of the same printed document. One is a versioned item which allows a logo and some text to be inserted, the other is a static piece without any personalisation. Can they combined into the same "product" in MarcomCentral or do they need to be 2 separate items. If they need to be separate items, is there a way to include a link to the alternative item in the details?

Thanks

Sarah

I have a product I need to set up in Marcom Central; there are 2 versions of the same printed document. One is a versioned item which allows a logo and some text to be inserted, the other is a static piece without any personalisation. Can they combined into the same "product" in MarcomCentral or do they need to be 2 separate items. If they need to be separate items, is there a way to include a link to the alternative item in the details?

There are a few ways to accomplish this. You could:

1. Combine the versioned and static documents in a single FusionPro template. Make your first form field a Text Drop-Down choice of either the Versioned or Static version. Then use a Conditional Visibility UI Rule to hide or display the form fields as necessary. Make the form fields hidden if the First Drop-Down Value is Blank. In your FusionPro template, under Page Usage set all Body Pages to Unused. Use the FusionPro Composition SetBodyPageUsage Object in an OnRecordStart Callback Rule to compose the pages specific to the Drop-Down Choice.

2. Make two separate products and place them in the Catalog. Log into the store and navigate to the product information pages. Copy the URLs for each. Go back to the Product Detail. You can use HTML in the Product Description and/or Product Instructions to provide links to each product. Product Instructions only display on the Product Information page. I suggest placing them there.

3. If both the Versioned and Static Product should be ordered together, as a set, you could create a Kit.

Edited by David Miller