Preview image with multi-page views?

Stack

This question gets asked a lot here, and there's a common belief that somebody, somewhere has a workaround somehow. So that's why I'm posing this question: For Static/Pick (i.e. non-template) products, is there a way to upload a product photo that shows all pages in a multi-page product? There are two obvious solutions I can think of... First, if the product is only a couple pages (like a rack card, for instance) just create a product image that shows both sides. The other answer -- which is less desirable due to it being time consuming -- is to create an animated .gif that scrolls thru the pages.

Beyond those two options, I know we could make all products Versioned, requiring the user to generate a proof before adding to cart. Obviously, that's overkill for simple products like letterhead and #10 envelopes and would require a lot of extra time due to template creation.

Another option would be to enable the Download button, allowing users to download and view the file. This is feasible but of course the downside being they'd then have access to our print-ready files.

Similarly to the Download button, I could code a download link in the description that would link to a proof version of the file. This is also feasible, but that'd require essentially double the work because I'd have to create a watermarked and/or low-res and/or locked version of every file.

Does anybody else out there have a creative solution or workaround that they're employing?

• 3 weeks later...
Another option would be to enable the Download button, allowing users to download and view the file. This is feasible but of course the downside being they'd then have access to our print-ready files.

Similarly to the Download button, I could code a download link in the description that would link to a proof version of the file. This is also feasible, but that'd require essentially double the work because I'd have to create a watermarked and/or low-res and/or locked version of every file.

This is exactly what we do. Watermark and Password Protect the print-ready PDF. We automate the process with Acrobat Actions. When the order comes in, we download the file, remove the Protection and Watermark, then send it through one of our workflows with automated imposition.