Jump to content

Some images don't show up


Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I've got a simple ID card I'm doing with a graphic rule that has worked for me every year I do this job. For some reason this year, when I preview or compose, only some of the images are showing up. Usually this means the filename of the image and the filename in the xlsx (tried csv too) don't match.

I double/triple checked and even copy/pasted the filenames into excel to make sure it matches.


The resource list shows "OK" next to the image so I can't figure out why some images show and some don't. I tried batching the images and recreating them in Photoshop to see if it's something inherent with the image itself but that didn't work either.


I'm totally lost here, if anyone has some suggestions I would seriously appreciate it!


- Mike


Ah tried uninstalling and reinstalling too. (on ver 9.3.21)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the issue only with previewing? Do the images show up in composition? If not, is there any indication in the .msg log why that images aren't showing up? If you rename one of the images that does preview as one of the images that doesn't preview, what's the result? If it no longer previews, then I'd assume it has something to do with the image title. Are they all in the same directory? It would be helpful if you could upload a sample, or your template/data/rule/photos.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

Preview reflects the same as the composition so nothing weird there.

In the message log, the only thing I get is that on the images it doesn't load, I get the warning that my default image for missing files is missing.

All the images are in the same directory, and loaded with the multiple graphic import.

I'm using the Insert Picture Rule.


Ok in going to try your suggestion of renaming, I copied everything to my local computer instead of the network and everything worked correctly.

So somehow the network was complicating it somehow? Strange that some would work and some would not.


wheeeeeaaalp thanks for the suggestion, it helped me get it working!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It might be that your fusion document is looking for Filename.pdf and your file is named FileName.PDF.


This can happen if your files are on a network share that has a case sensitive file system. I've seen it primarily with netatalk on Ext4. Also leads to the issue where your fusion document must be all lowercase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...