Opacity Control on Image

daniel

There is a very cool post titled "How to make images appear greyscale" by jimmyhartington. It can be found here.

The same principle can be applied to your question. Use a series of white transparent images instead.

http://www.reallybenoticed.com/fusionpro/Sample.jpg

This example shows 100% on the left and 40% on the right.

Edited by David Miller

Thanks, this might work. But would have been better if it was a opacity control. I think doing it this way will require a lot of layers.

(You mean Graphics. Not Layers.) Perhaps so, but as far as I'm aware, there is no control over opacity/transparency within FusionPro. However, it becomes available to you via your knowledge of JavaScript, Graphics/Design Software and ability to Problem Solve. Therein lies the beauty of this software.

How many layers? (I think you mean graphics.) It depends on how many options you want to provide to your users. (1% increments, 5% increments, 10% increments, etc.) That's a negotiation between you and your client.

Again, it really isn't a matter of layers. It is a matter of how many graphics: 100 graphics, 20 graphics, or 10 graphics.

One assumption was that the graphic in question was variable. But it could have been a static image. Doesn't matter.

Edited by David Miller

You could just make a multipage PDF where each page is a varying degree of opacity of the white box. Then set the pagenumber to display in the graphic frame based on user selection.

Interesting. Not sure there is a benefit to calling out unused body pages, vs. calling out individual graphics, vs. calling out single pages of a PDF. After all, you still need the graphics.

Edited by David Miller

Interesting. Not sure there is a benefit to calling out unused body pages, vs. calling out individual graphics, vs. calling out single pages of a PDF. After all, you still need the graphics.

After looking at what I wrote, I can see my definition wasn't very clear. The example I posted above isn't using unused body pages in the FusionPro template. The original document is basically left alone.

This method uses a multipage PDF resource (an Illustrator CC 2015 document called screen.pdf in the zip file) where each page has a white box with a varying level of transparency applied. This allows you to only have to create a single resource that can be reused wherever you need screens. You simply grab the percentage of transparency the user selects and call that page of the resource PDF into the overlapping graphic frame. You can see how this works in the onRecordStart rule of the fusionfile.pdf document in the zip file.

After looking at what I wrote, I can see my definition wasn't very clear. The example I posted above isn't using unused body pages in the FusionPro template. The original document is basically left alone.

You were very clear. I respond before downloading your example. My apologies. Very clever approach! I like it! Kudos to you!

I was only trying to express that the work involved depended on how many levels of transparency one wanted to present the end-user. Regardless of how it was addressed in the FusionPro template.

Edited by David Miller
Typos