Drop shadow problems

graphikal

We have a simple job, and the front of the postcard is a block of text to which we'd like to apply a drop shadow. When I 'preview', the drop shadow is compressed down far below the text, and some corner crops appear behind the text(???). I thought it may have to do with text options I'd chosen, so I deleted the box and started fresh without any other options, and still the same.

Anyone else have something similar to this? Very frustrating for a fairly benign feature to bug out like that.

Using Acrobat 8.0 Pro, Windows XP, FP 5.1

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Have you composed output and seen if the drop-shadow appears correctly there? Sometimes the drop-shadow appears outside of the area covered by the variable text frame so the preview doesn't show it completely.

Also, wondering if you can upload a screenshot so we can see what you are seeing in the preview. Click here if you need some instructions about how to place an image in your posts here in the community.

Thank you.

Thank you for the quick response. We may have figured it out. When we compose, text actually shows up in that specific area that doesn't appear in our .PDF. Apparently there was text in the original .PDF, and was deleted using the Enfocus PitStop selector tool. Although we no longer see it in the file, for some reason there must be some legacy content there that was interfering with the drop shadow. We went back to the original layout, stripped out that text, recreated the .PDF and have the job running correctly on the press as I type. Thanks again!

Archived