FusionPro Desktop & Fiery for Xerox 4112

pdiprint

I am trying to send different formats like PPML, VPS to the RIP besides Optimized Postscript. When I send these other formats I get an offending command "Show". I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Secondly on PPML what does "Environment" refer too?

I am using FusionPro Desktop 6.0P1c

Fiery for 4112/2127 version 1.0

Hello,

Is the error message given by the Fiery Command Workstation (CWS) when you attempt to import the ZIP file that we create for PPML output, or are you seeing this error somewhere else?

I would check with the vendor that you have a service contract with for the 4112 and ensure your Fiery configuration allows for PPML support. While most stand-alone Fiery controllers do indeed support PPML, there are some configurations which do not. This may be a simple configuration issue or it may be that you don't have a certain module enabled for your controller.

Lastly, the environment setting is for workflows where you are running "thin" PPML where all images used in the job are created as external assets during composition and the PPML file itself references those images. This workflow is especially helpful when you have a LOT of variable images that are high-res and have several PPML files that all need to refer to them (for example - if you split a 100,000 record job up in 10,000 record chunks). This workflow provides caching of assets on the RIP in this scenario which further speeds up production.

Hope this helps.

Rob,

We are outputting PPML v1.5. We have been certified on the Fiery with our PPML output so it is supported.

Are you importing the .ZIP file that we make for PPML output into CWS? This is the preferred method of getting our PPML into the Fiery (as opposed to unzipping that file and importing the .ppml file into the CWS).

Also, is this happening for all jobs you work with or just 1 job?

Are there any other users out there which have had some experience with resolving errors when working with our PPML and the Fiery?

We imported the zip file as well as the ppml. This happens with all formats that the fiery supposedly supports. It is not just happening on one file. We have been forced to use the postscript instead. I will past your post along to my xerox person.

Archived