Populate Form based on drop-down selection

EricC

I have a client with 20 locations.

Can the Marcom form be populated based on their drop-down selection?

In other words, when the form first loads, there is a drop-down "Select a Location", followed by 5 single-line EMPTY text boxes:

- Address

- City

- State

- Zip Code

- Phone Number

If the user selects "Chicago" from the drop-down list, then I want the text boxes to auto populate with the Chicago address (which can be located in a rule or (preferably) an external data file).

Once the fields are auto populated, of course they can go back and edit the fields if they needed to (since they are just text boxes)

I am familiar with Text Profile Attributes but that is not the ideal solution for this scenario.

I am also familiar with the Auto Fill feature but that tiny link is hardly noticeable, not to mention it allows the users to edit and re-save the list, which is not what I am looking for.

I am also familiar with the Auto Fill feature but that tiny link is hardly noticeable, not to mention it allows the users to edit and re-save the list, which is not what I am looking for.

That's the method I use for clients who need the ability to edit the addresses. So long as the product is set to just show the Corporate Addresses I'm not aware of any way the end user can overwrite that list.

You can use a bit of CSS in your Custom Content Footer to globally change the look of the link. Here's an example:

<style type="text/css">
.SelectSavedContentPrompt a {
color: #FFF;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 14px;
background-color:#259542;
display: inline-block;
padding: 4px 6px;
}
</style>

You can also change the "Autofill Options" wording on the button to something more intuitive using the Portal Editor.

Alternatively, if you maintain your customers address list, then a much better method is to use an external data file and point your templates to that. The end user cannot alter the address but often times that's for the best.