Number of pages added to SKU or Description?

marcuslayton

We have a versioned template that will have a variable amount of pages in the output. It could be from 2 - 44 pages.

We need to get the number of pages so we can bill them according to the number of pages.

Is it possible to add the total number of pages to the sku and description? Or is there a way to get that in any type of report from PTI?

~Mark

Marcus,

I believe this is possible, but you might inquire on the FusionPro forum. FusionPro can definitely figure out the page count, where I'm not sure is converting that to a string that could be used as a value for MCC. I know for sure this value could appear on the output (in the bleed perhaps), that way you will see the page count and it will be cut off.

Not knowing exactly what you want to do, I can only guess that you need this info to price the item appropriately. If so, we have a feature that can be activated call "Page Count Pricing". This will validate the number of pages, price it accordingly, however I'm not sure if the page count value can be added as part of the SKU or Description. Check with your BRM for more info.

Thanks for the response. You are right, I need it for billing.

No worries on getting it through FP desktop, though I don't need it on the page.

Unfortunately the Page count pricing wont work, they are not billed per line item, but per order which MCC doesn't support.

I need to get it into the sku, description, or have it available in another report.

Any other ideas?

~Mark